Proof of vaccination requirements: What you need to know

Proof of vaccination

Vaccine Requirements for Flying

Please be aware of the upcoming changes. Effective Oct. 30, 2021, air passengers (age 12 years and older) flying on domestic flights within Canada will need to be fully vaccinated in order to board. For travellers who are in the process of being vaccinated, there will be a short transition period where they will be able to travel if they can show a valid COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of travel. By Nov. 30, all travellers must be fully vaccinated, with very limited exceptions to address specific situations such as emergency travel, and those medically unable to be vaccinated.

Read more about this Transport Canada requirement

Vaccination requirements for visiting B.C.

If you plan on visiting British Columbia, please be aware of the following vaccination requirements.

Proof of vaccination with a BC Vaccine Card is required to access some events, services and businesses. Currently, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By Oct. 24, 2021, you must be fully vaccinated.

This applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).

People who don't have a BC ID are also required to show proof of vaccination. People from other Canadian provinces or territories must show their provincially/territorially officially recognized vaccine record, and valid government photo ID. International visitors must show their proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada (like ArriveCAN), and passport. 

Places proof of vaccination is required for entry to:

  • Indoor ticketed sporting events
  • Indoor concerts, theatre, dance and symphony events
  • Licenced restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and patio dining)
  • Pubs, bars and lounges (indoor and patio dining)
  • Nightclubs, casinos and movie theatres
  • Gyms, exercise facilities/studios, pools and recreation facilities
  • Businesses offering indoor group exercise
  • Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22 years old or older
  • Indoor organized events with 50 or more people. For example: Wedding receptions, organized parties, conferences and workshops
  • Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery, art and choir
  • Post-secondary on-campus student housing

Learn more about the BC Vaccine Card